Search Cheryl Tay’s posts
About Cheryl Tay
JOURNALISTCheryl Tay first established herself in the world of cars and motorsports, and is one of the few female motoring journalists in Singapore. She enjoys photojournalism and covers health, fitness, sports, technology and travel too.
> Fitness blogger for Yahoo! Sports
> Editor of FitnessSutra.com
> F1 youth speaker for Singapore GP
> Resident writer of Wheels Asia
> Official photographer for ONE FC
> Columnist for Rev, Hypertune
> Contributor for 9tro.com
> Media manager for Formula Drift Asia
> PR manager for PETRONAS Syntium Team
> Business development for Kartright Speedway
MORE OF CHERYL TAY here
Like Cheryl Tay on Facebook
Cheryl Tay's Tweets
- RT @stompsingapore: Mayday, Jennifer Lopez and Robbie Williams rock the stage at F1 http://t.co/AhzwQSJD1b http://t.co/4cZ5j6XOgf
- RT @stompsingapore: Find out which celebs, models and racers partied together to celebrate F1 http://t.co/1BU23IxXka http://t.co/cd4wO3S0Rf
- RT @ONEFCMMA: 5 takeaways from #ONEFC #RISEOFTHEKINGDOM - Yahoo Sports | Steve Dawson @Gulasahi https://t.co/f1cz37S8AF
- RT @thenewpaper: Boss, don't call or email me after work hours: Study shows it's bad for my health http://t.co/2dSArvd5GR http://t.co/aIpkS…
- RT @Smithankyou: At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.
- 8 hottest female fitness babes in Singapore to follow on Instagram
- [GIVEAWAY] 2 pairs of tickets to Japan vs Brazil match at Singapore Sports Hub
- [BEHIND THE SCENES] FHM Upgrade SINGAPORE cover shoot of Bruno Pucci
- [PHOTOSHOOT] BJJ black belt Shane Suzuki
- Formula Drift Asia 8th Anniversary Commemorative Photo Book launch
Motorsports and Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix
The Singapore F1 Grand Prix is a major motorsports event that has put this sunny island on the world stage, bringing the fastest drivers on the planet and world-class performing stars to an otherwise afterthought destination. Due to its huge success, the F1 Grand Prix Singaporehas also brought other notable motor shows to our shores, such as the Tokyo Auto Salon, to the delight of the Singapore motorsportscommunity.
Motorsports in Singapore has gained more recognition over the years since the inaugural Singapore F1 Grand Prix, with the emergence of more car clubs and forums to bring together like-minded individuals for exchange of news and car modification ideas.
Stricter modification rules have dampened the spirits of some enthusiasts of motorsports in Singapore, but the passion for cars and racing remain strong. Some stay true to their love for motorsports by preparing their own race cars for participation in professional racing events in the region, helping to further bring light to Singapore on the map.
Indeed, the F1 Grand Prix Singapore has opened up many opportunities and avenues for the Singapore motorsports community. Every September, the heart of our Lion City comes to life under the bright lights of the Marina Bay Singapore Formula 1 street circuit.